|From then to now: Birth on left - 3 months on right|
So what have I learned in 3 months?
- I am NOT a horrible mother for giving Avery formula despite how some moms make me feel about it. I breastfed for 2.5 months and through 2.5 mastitis infections and through a low milk supply. She has been living just fine on formula.
- I am NOT a horrible mother for putting disposable diapers on Avery. She's made it to 3 months old without dying from her diapers. She's only had 2 diaper rashes, both cleared up within a couple days.
- Sleep is PRICELESS. I used to think I couldn't function without 8 hours of sleep....now I hope for 6!
- For some reason the phrases "naked baby" and "stinky poop" are the funniest phrases ever....and fake sneezes.
|And yes, I used Naked Baby to get a smile here.|
- Nothing heals like Avery smiles.
- Nothing stinks like Avery's 3-day poop diapers. (and no - I don't wait 3 days to change a poopy diaper)
|Did I mention I heart Pampers - it all stayed INSIDE the diaper - despite appearances.|
- These toys are the BEST toys ever when dealing with a non-mobile child who wants to be entertained:
|Eric Carle Toys, and one Lamaze toy|
- It is hard to find time to read books, exercise, insert favorite thing to do here, when you have a young child.
|My pile of "to read" books keeps growing...and this doesn't even include the Kindle.|
- You can have a lot of long conversations about poop...without even batting an eye.
- Adult conversation is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! (Where's Duane when I need him? LOL)
- You can never have too many spit-up cloths, outfits or bibs. Carter's may start reserving me a parking space.
- Bob Evans is suddenly a great place to go out to dinner....it's loud. :)
- What works for one mom and one baby...may not work for me and vice versa. And, that's okay.
- Races, etc. require negotiations with the spouse.
- And many, many other things that would take a novel to list.
|I want to be NAKED BABY!|