“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Random Wednesday

This post is for my friends with ADHD as it will be lots of random tidbits with absolutely no connection to each other.  HA!


This blog NEEDS a new name!!!  Suggestions people!  So far, one of my favorite suggestions is "No Standing Still".   Things to consider with name suggestions:  I am a mom with an infant, so she'll come up in many posts.  I am climbing a freakin' mountain with a glaciated peak in July and will have many posts about that training.  I am a runner, slow, but a runner nonetheless.  I am super competitive.  (thus the slow annoys me).
Who wouldn't want to climb this???
Avery is really throwing me for a loop with her sleep schedule lately, especially her new favorite sleep spot that Mark discovered on accident.
No wonder Mommy and Daddy spend so much time on the couch - it's comfortable!
Do you think race directors will look at me funny if I start asking if the medal ribbon will be red before I register?  I think my medal rack is entirely overloaded with red ribboned medals.  Maybe I need to stop sorting them by distance and sort them by color instead...I know, I know...too OCD.
RED, RED, RED!
Why do you never try something new on race day?  I was preparing for a 4 mile run last night, a length that I don't normally use gu or other energy thingee for.  Ben convinced me to try a Clif Shot.  I only had a couple "bites" of it...but that was enough.  I spent most of my run last night nauseous and spitting up.  Since running is a mental sport, this made pushing through it awfully tough.  I also had put Revive Vitamin water in my water bottle randomly.  My husband mentioned as I was leaving that it hadn't settled well with him the night before.  Once I was nauseous, I tried drinking it...and it only made it worse.  So, either the gel or the vitamin water was the culprit.  I will be avoiding both for the foreseeable future.
It actually was a better texture than Gu....
As the day of the flight gets closer, I get more and more nervous about flying with Avery, especially given her recent sleeping habits.  I think I'm just psyching myself out. It will be fine. It's only a 3.5 hour flight time...the car ride to Mark's parents, on the other hand, will be 5 hours.  Easy, right?  :/
You wish Mommy.


Is there anything you absolutely can't have pre-running or working out?  (Other than the obvious)


Is there a medal ribbon color that predominates in your collection?


Any blog name suggestions????? 

7 comments:

  1. I like the blog name option! Sorry about rough sleep lately... we had a lot of that early on, and I read many babies experience a 4 mo sleep regression, L def did! Something about new awareness levels, etc... hang in there! Maybe the flight/ car rides will help her sleep? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name idea! Something like "Relentless Forward Progress" would be good too. That's a big saying for trail and ultra running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, friends with ADHD, I wonder who that could be?

    Oooh, a penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very thankful to hear that this is not an Avery-only phenomenon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you will come up with a great name!

    Oh and so Rainier is my favorite place ever, I think its awesome you are climbing it! So freaking cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about "Reaching New Heights?" ""Hoping to Peak?"

    I say you totally start asking the race directors! I have a variety of colors and need a new holder! I love how big yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate Chinese the night before a run once. Very. Bad. Idea.

    Let me think of some names - sounds like fun! I like No Standing Still too!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!