“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Monday, August 20, 2012

Training and Blogger's Block?


Week of Aug 13-19, 2012:
Current Weight: 160.4 (Down 0.4 lbs from previous week!)
Total Lost to date: 60.4 lbs
Chest: 39" (No Change)
Hips: 43"  (No change)

Monday: 30 min ST; 1 mile walk
Tuesday: 4 mile run, 11:43 min/avg
Wednesday: 6 mile run, 10:47 min/avg, 1 mile walk
Thursday: 4 mile run, 10:52 min/avg, ST evaluation measurements
Friday: 2.2 mile walk
Saturday: 14 mile run, 11:28 min/avg
Sunday: 4 mile recovery run, 12:00 min/avg
I am having bloggers block or something of that nature.  Avery is losing naps like crazy - and she was never a good napper to begin with.  Thus, when she does nap for an hour, the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer.  (Although - I don't really want to do the laundry or the dishes either, and I do those).  Maybe this week I will do more than one post and actually comment on all the posts I read!
No mommy, you won't.
You will chase these balls...
...after I throw them through the cat door down the basement steps.  Again.
The best part of this training week was the re-evaluation meeting with Adam.  I've been frustrated with the strength training - and apparently, so has he.  Instead of a workout, we sat down and re-discussed my goals, did all of my measurements to see where I am now, and discussed what I wanted him to do that he wasn't doing.

After tonight's workout with him - I'd say it all paid off.  Best strength workout in a long time.  I pushed more and he charted.  We were both happy.  
Source
In other news, Avery has figured out how to remove cabinets safety locks (that only took a couple weeks) and that she can use her big truck to climb onto furniture.  She climbs into the truck, climbs out the window onto the couch...and proceeds to wrecking havoc on anything within reach.
I don't know what she means by wreck havoc - but it sounds like fun!
In other words - today was one of those days where I really wished I were a working mom.  It was one of those days where I joked about giving her away to any takers.  
Wait.  What???  You are lucky to have this awesomeness woman.
I think this attitude on my part had more to do with the whole the lack of napping on her part, and how that resulted in her crying and fussing from 1:30pm until 7:00pm.   Well, except for when she played in the dog water dish.

Hopefully, she will adjust to the one nap thing by taking a LONGER afternoon nap instead of a shorter one SOON!

This weekend, I will be running a race as part of the pace team for the first time.  I'm pacing the Emerald City Half Marathon this weekend.  I'm pacing the 2:50 finish, so it should be easy, but it's still making me a tiny bit nervous.  I don't want to mess up anyone's race!  I'll also be running an extra 3 miles post race to get in my 16 for the day.

Anyone else ever pace a race?

If you haven't, would you want to?

Anyone else have weeks where the computer has no appeal?

6 comments:

  1. My boys were never good nappers and I forced it for a long time. Sleep training was horrible and someone was always crying. All too often, I'd be on my knees outside their room crying myself. Then, at 2.5, we dropped cribs and naps. I was fighting naps for 2 hours, then bedtime by 2 hours. Something had to give. Best of luck with the naps, when we transitioned to one nap, it was after a huge snack at 11, so they would sleep through lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave to pace a race! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I can't even pace myself half the time. :^)

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the nap. I just made a deal with my 5-YOs. They are now allowed to play with each other during "quiet time" (which is what nap time turned into about a year ago) as long as they let ME nap. So far so good (though the living room is always an atrocious mess when I emerge).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee, still fascinated by the dog's water bowl ;) ? Wow, good luck for this weekend - you'll do great! Can't wait to read about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those whining, bad napping days are the worst... we had a rough transition from two naps to one, and it wasn't really done til about 17 months. (She still took two naps more days than not until that point). Then it took another few months for her naps to stretch out, but we finally settled at two hour naps which was something I thought I'd never see. So I hear you!!
    Enjoy pacing- I'd love to do that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I didn't keep up with posts! I remember this day! That dress sure is cute so I'd keep her just for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man but she's so cute!! Those no nap days are tough though.I have never paced a race. Let us know how it went!

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!