“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Life is Better When You're a Dog

At least Avery seems to think so.  All of her favorite things seem to do with being a dog...


A day in the life of our dog, Avery.
I am innocently crawling in the kitchen mommy
Just turning a corner, that's all
Nothing to see here....
Success!  Cool and refreshing!
And after she's had a long day of playing, what can be more relaxing than a nice nap in her favorite bed?
It's more comfortable when you dive in head first!
What??  This is WAY softer than my crib.
Play?  Did you say play?   Turns out, all that money spent at Toys R Us would have been better used elsewhere.  Cassie has the best toys in the house!
Who doesn't love a good tennis ball for breakfast?
But, I will say one thing.  As much as I love my dog Cassie, Avery, dog or child, is way cuter.
I bribed her to say that.
Editor's note:  It just dawned on me that Avery is 9 months old today, and celebrated by calling her a dog.  Worst mom ever?


Avery says that when I'm done calling her a dog, I should say a couple of other things.  


Thank you everyone for all the comments, FB posts, private messages, text messages and phone calls of support after my experience with a not-so-good or nice trainer at Urban Active.  I have the best friends and readers that anyone could hope for.  I wound up taking a rest day yesterday, but will be back at my workouts during Avery's nap today.  


Mandy

5 comments:

  1. Yay Mandy!! Rest days are great! I love reading your blog too! Avery is a real doll baby - she is changing a bit every day! I'm looking forward to seeing her in person really soon! You guys are about due for a night out - aren't you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you. We will never turn down a night out!

      Delete
  2. Well, at least she is now behaving like a dog since I keep calling Cassie Avery & Avery Cassie! This was the cutest post ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! I love the photo of her sleeping in the dog bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! This post cracked me up... I always enjoy your captions. :) She is too cute... happy 9 months already, wow!

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!