I changed the name of this blog to No Standing Still, as suggested by Lisa. It's a play on my last name and the fact that I run AND climb mountains (hopefully). I need to come up with a fun award package for Lisa for the great suggestion! Any ideas?
I finally wrote a page about my Mt. Rainier climb for those that want to know more about that thing: Mt. Rainier. I really need to start pushing hard for that training - because I want to see images like this in person!
|This photo is from my stepbrother's successful climb last summer. |
Yes those are clouds behind them.
I am thrilled that my old NOBO crew has decided to continue our informal Tuesday night runs - I needed a good run last night! Running has really become therapy for me. It's not just the endorphin highs, but the company I keep while running. We enjoyed above freezing temperatures in January again...but I think that's about to end soon...
WINNING! I am so excited - I won my first thing in a LONG time! I won a fitness assessment, nutrition plan and 5 class pass to PAI fitness in a giveaway on my friend Laurie's blog. I'm so excited! I'd already signed up for the Yoga 101 and 102 workshops (101 is this weekend). I'm extremely excited for the assessment and plan though...because I'm a long way from where I want to be!
Hopefully, my winning streak will continue and I'll win a spot in the New York Marathon Lottery!!!
Avery turned 5 months old yesterday - and decided that "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to" should apply to her month birthday too. She threw a complete fit on my failed walk. But - she was still willing to pose for a few photos a bit later.
|I'm lucky that I'm so cute.|
After several delays, here are my goals for 2012: (I use the word goals because I'm with a lot of people on the whole anti-resolution thing. Many of these I've already started working towards.)
- Run my first half marathon post-baby in under 2.5 hours. I'm slow, so for me this would be a PR. :D I would like to do this at my race in Knoxville in April, and then run a second better race at Cap City in May.
- Of course, just finishing at Cap City is a goal this year. I have tried to complete the half marathon at this race twice and been foiled both times. The first time, I cracked three ribs skiing. The second time, terrible shin splints attacked and I was too focused on how pregnant I was and how I was in the VERY back of the field to power through.
- Run my first full marathon in the fall. To that end - I applied for the New York Marathon. If I am unsuccessful in that lottery, my intent is to run the Columbus Full Marathon in the Fall.
- Finish Relay Around Columbus! My first race over 100 miles! Of course, it's a relay, so I won't be running all 100 myself.
- Climb Mt. Rainier. If I do not summit the mountain, I want it to be weather NOT physical conditioning that keeps me from the summit.
- Lose 40 more pounds before the climb, and maintain a weight of 150 or less by the end of the year. I was caring extra weight before having Avery, and then gained more than I should have. Carrying that much weight on the climb would make a hard thing even more difficult. Not. Going. To. Do. It.
- Give the dog her time. I intend to return to walking her every day instead of the tennis ball-throwing cop-out. She's been a bit attention deprived since Avery came along...and threatened to move in with Laurie after her fun stay there.
|That other house had other DOGS, not strollers.|
Have you ever won anything? Do you have any unusual plans for 2012?