“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Monday, February 27, 2012

Rainier Training: Pre-Pregnancy!

Quick Look Week of Feb 20-Feb 26:

# of Workouts: 8 
# of miles ran/hiked: 26
Weight: 185.8 (Down 2.4 lbs. from previous week!)
Chest: 41.5" (No change)
Hips: 47"  (Down 1" from previous week!)

Monday: Fastest 4 mile run ever!
Tuesday: Ran 3.5 miles, 45 min PT
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles, ST with Adam 45 min
Thursday: 45 min PT
Friday: Rest day!
Saturday: 10 mile run with crazy wind
Sunday: 4.41 hike with hills and 30 lb pack
I am officially BELOW my pre-pregnancy weight!!!  (if by only 0.2 lbs - HA!)  Another goal-met check mark!  A big thank you to everyone for the encouraging comments last week when I was a bit bummed, y'all gave me extra motivation for this week.  I lost 2.4 lbs this week, despite our fancy date night dinner and book club madness!

What a good week workout wise - I had my fastest 4 miler ever, with my fastest mile as an adult being the LAST mile of that run.  I also had a great 10 mile run with 1000 feet of elevation gained (and lost) in terrible conditions for my asthma.  I topped it all off with a fantastic hike in the hills of High Banks, wearing my mountain boots and carrying Avery in the Kelty pack with all of our water and snacks...for a total of a 30 lb pack!  We gained (and lost) almost 2000 feet in elevation.  We took pictures at High Banks to try to show what kind of a hike it was.
At the beginning of the hike. Avery giggled in the pack for about the first 0.5 miles.  The bouncing was fun.
Avery and I on one of the hills - she's still giggling
About 2 miles in - an observation deck - there is an eagle's nest in the background
We conned one of the birders into taking the family photo.  Yes, Avery is asleep.
Mark finally relented and let me take his picture on another hill.
The hike was fabulous!  Beautiful weather (sunny).  I felt pretty good the whole time.  In fact, I actually had to slow down for Mark, and we were going a lot faster than mountain pace.  Mark wore the weighted vest with 20 lbs.  The vest is not well-balanced as the pack, so he may use his actual mountain pack next time.

In the past, on hikes, I wasn't in good enough shape.  On any hill, my asthma would always hit HARD.  In the past, Mark was always being forced to wait for me, to take "breathing stops" for me.  This time, however, I was cruising and actually had to slow up for him.  (I've done more weighted carry workouts at this point).  Truly an awesome feeling to not hold him back anymore!!!

My Dad has written a recap of his climbs in Mexico.  I am working on getting pictures inserted and working in the video as well.  It will be posted this week for those interested.

Now, I'll leave you with Avery dressed up all pretty...
Mommy only goes to church so that she has an excuse to put a dress on me.

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats :) it's such a great feeling!!!!! and I can't wait to get my hike on with Logan I LOVE it! looks like a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one amazing woman! Congratulations on your weight loss and your awesome hike :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, a comment reminded me of a story I need to tell you. Remind me because it's funny. Also, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy that is awesome! Congrats on achieving pre preggo weight and under! What a solid training week and that hike looks amazing--hard but amazingl love sweet Avery and her pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like Mark isn't carrying anything! I know it is a weighted vest but yours looks much heavier! Good job! I love that trail - it is a tough one but such a challenge! And could she be any cuter??

    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome week, Mandy! And huge congrats on finding your pre-pregnancy weight. And on feeling so much stronger on your run and hike... so much to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mandy! I just caught up with your blog! Big congrats on your pre-preg weight--it took me three years to get there. :^) And I'm so glad you had a series of great workouts--I love it when it "flows" like that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!