I was just trying to think of something interesting to post about that wouldn't bore everyone to tears...when I got a call-out in Sara W's blog to post 7 random things about me in my blog.....excellent.
1. I have 3 college degrees. And I'm not working. I have a BA in Government and a J.D., both from the University of Texas. I always said I wanted to be a lawyer and pushed until I got there...and HATED IT. So, after a few unhappy years, I went back to school at Ohio State and got a BS in Chemistry. Working in a lab while pregnant - not a good idea. And now - we've decided I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom for a little while. Hence, no working at the moment.
2. I absolutely LOVE teaching. I would happily teach anyone anything because I love it that much. When I was getting my Chemistry degree I was a TA for the General Chemistry department at OSU, LOVED IT. Before I gave up on Law - I taught LSAT classes - and actually liked teaching those too! LOL! When I go back to work - teaching is what I hope to do.
3. I am EXTREMELY competitive. I could give endless examples here. (if you read my Cap City recap - you've already seen one). Another funny one? On vacation with my family at the beach...I built a small sand castle. My brother Kevin built a bigger one. So, I spent two days making a sand castle big enough for me to get inside the walls (and forced my husband to assist me!). I may have a competitive problem. :D
4. I am a die hard Texas Longhorn fan. Despite living in Ohio, my husband and I are still season ticket holders for the Texas Longhorns. During Football season, on Saturday, we put out a giant Texas flag and a 3 foot inflatable Bevo on our front porch. For the past few years we have even flown back to Texas for at least one game. And, yes, when Texas came to OSU we went to the game and sat in the Texas section. And yes, we went to the Rose Bowl where we beat USC. This coming year, because of the little one, will be the first year we haven't been to a game in a long time. Hook 'em Horns!
5. I am obsessed with taking photos. My first job ever was as a children's photographer in Anchorage, AK. Loved it. I think it's in my blood. Before he retired, my grandfather was a commercial photographer. I have been known to take several thousand pictures on vacation, and have had to buy a spare memory card for that reason. My family has teased me about reliving the vacation by looking at my pictures as a flip book. :)
6. When I was 13, I climbed Mt. St. Helens with my Dad and my Grandpa. On the way back down - I did a few somersaults when I tried to stop to pick up a rock for my sister and brother who were too young to be allowed to make the attempt.
7. I don't generally drink cold water. I like my water room temperature. Unless it's a billionty degrees outside and I'm stuck outside in it. Then I want ice in my water!
And that's probably more than enough random things about me!
Until next time!