“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Sunday, April 17, 2011

No Pain, No Gain

Whoever coined the phrase "no pain, no gain" may have had long distance running in mind.

After my 11 mile jaunt yesterday - I stepped into the shower ready for blissful heat to sooth and relax my muscles...and nearly screamed when the water hit what was a previously unnoticed chafing blister.



Yes - I have a lovely dime-sized rather awful chafing blister on my right....hmm...how to put it - the spot normally covered by my sports bra.  LOL.  I was generous with the Neosporin post shower and again this morning - it looks ugly and mean.  Note to self - better coverage with the bodyglide next time.


I also had the joy of popping a blister on my middle right toe that appeared before I got the rock out of my shoe.   More Neosporin and a band aid.  Good thing I used the extra bit in my medical savings account for Neosporin last year!  LOL


My feet also felt like they had bruises on them when I first got up....but that will not stop me from going to Costco and making use of our latest coupons.


Anywhoodle - I just had to put that in my blog somewhere for Sarah - in less than 24 hours, so long as the baby doesn't do anything stupid like CROSS HIS/HER legs during the ultrasound, I should find out if the baby is a boy or a girl tomorrow morning.  YAY!


Any guesses before the truth is known?


I will say - I had a dream about the baby being a girl.  My husband thinks the baby is a boy.  Of course - we just want a healthy baby - boy or girl doesn't matter.


Although - I can't wait to buy him or her some cute little running shoes.


Oh yes -I asked the husband what my spending limit is for tomorrow - it is already a given that once I know boy/girl I WILL be buying a few things tomorrow.   That's just the way it is.  :D



2 comments:

  1. I think I'm guessing boy. Either way, you should definitely name it Sarah (kidding, I actually hate my name). You are going to tell us right away, right? I need time to get my knit on unless you want a bunch of yellow stuff.

    And I totally love you for your perfect use of the word anywhoodle. 3 gold stars for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a prediction, it's gonna be mooning the camera.

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!