“At first an ordeal and then an accomplishment, the daily run becomes a staple, like bread, or wine, a fine marriage, or air. It is also a free pass to friendship.”
~ Benjamin Cheever, Strides

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Great Mixer Confession

I have a confession, and I need your help.


I always wanted a standing mixer...ever since I found a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that required the use of one.  I put it on all my wish lists and every time we saw one at the store, I pointed it out to Mark.  Poor guy.


So, for our 10th Anniversary before we went on our trip, we took advantage of a Kohl's coupon and the chance to earn some Kohl's cash and I finally got one!


My confession - being pregnant, etc., etc., etc., it has remained in it's box for at least 5 months.  *gasp*
Until Friday morning.  I finally cleared a cabinet spot for it - which after realizing how heavy it was when I removed it from the box - promptly changed to a different cabinet spot.  
Ok.  It's out of the box.  Now what???  I'll be the first to admit....I AM NOT A DOMESTIC GODDESS...in any way shape or form....despite my current housewife status.


It came with this nifty book...
But - half of the book is simply the first half of the book in another language.  I need ideas, recipes and suggestions for how to use this mixer before my husband forbids me from receiving the next thing I beg for!  Somehow - no matter how good the cookies are....I think he will be disappointed if I only use it to make the one cookie.  


Help me!



6 comments:

  1. I have that mixer. I only use it for meatloaf and the occasional cookie recipe :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, Mandy, why don't you make the cookie recipe that made you get it in the first place?

    I always wanted a KitchenAid for the pasta maker, meat grinder, and ice cream maker attachments. Make me some meat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was a lucky KitchenAid mixer owner, I would:
    Learn to make baby food
    Knead bread dough
    Make pie fillings
    Get creative with muffins
    Have fun with soup ingredients
    Have the world's best mashed potatoes
    Or, just reach for it anytime I had something that needed even a small amount of stirring...like meatloaf/meatball mixtures, potato salad, guacamole...anything!

    Of course, if you find you just have no use for it, I will be happy to help you find it a good new home. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even have a mixer so I am sorry I may not be of any help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted one of those for a loooong time! They are great for making double batches of cookies, dough, etc. I don't think it's something to use daily. It would be awesome during the holidays, fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same mixer as well. It's fantastic for kneading bread dough (you do have to do a little hand kneading at the end, but it cuts it way down). I use it for all kinds of things like whipping cream, angel food cake, brownies, muffins, mashed potatoes, and of course, cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments pretty much make my day - so thank you for yours!